Date: Friday 9th June 2017
Time: 12:00-1400 hours (including 30-minute lunch: 12:00-12:30)
Location: Room C/O.13, School of Biosciences, Cardiff University
Interdisciplinarity has developed in many areas of science and research over the past half-century, as diverse disciplines increasingly work together to provide new insights into multifaceted research questions and to address complex policy areas.
At the same time, interdisciplinarity presents a series of challenges. It requires time, commitment and leadership skills to run new forms of collaboration. There are calls for fresh approaches to evaluation and publication to take account of interdisciplinary research.
What are the critical issues? What are the possible solutions?
Our lunchtime debate features a panel with expertise in interdisciplinarity, who will share their views and experience. There will be an opportunity for the audience to participate with their questions and comments.
Confirmed Speakers to date:
- Dr. Steven Hill, Head of Research Policy and Health Policy, HEFCE
- Dr. Ian Viney, Director of Strategic Evaluation and Impact, MRC Head Office
- Professor Nicholas Pidgeon, School of Psychology, Cardiff University
- Professor Nicky Priaulx, School of Law and Politics, Cardiff University
- Professor Cathy Holt, School of Engineering, Cardiff University
The panel will be chaired by Professor Ole Petersen (School of Biosciences), who is Academic Director of the Cardiff Hub and Vice-President of Academia Europaea.