Everyone is invited to join a networking event and panel debate on ‘Science for Policy: a European perspective’ at Swansea University in September.
This exciting event, jointly hosted by AE Cardiff Hub and Swansea University, will take place on Tuesday 4th September at the University’s Bay Campus and is aimed at anyone who would like to find out more about the relationship between science advice and policymaking.
The event will start with a light lunch giving all attendees the opportunity to make new contacts. Following lunch, our expert panel will be examining the opportunities and challenges of providing science advice for policymaking. We will look at models of scientific advice, including the new European Scientific Advice Mechanism, explaining how it actually works. We will also explore the role of public engagement in the process.
Our speakers are:
- Professor Peter Halligan, Chief Scientific Adviser for Wales (CSAW)
- Professor Ole Petersen CBE FRS MAE, Director of the Academia Europaea Knowledge Hub Wales
- Professor Mike Bowker, Professor of Surface Science and Deputy Director of the Cardiff Catalysis Institute, Cardiff University
- Wendy Sadler MBE, Founding Director of science made simple and Lecturer in Science Communication and Engagement, Cardiff University
- Dr Dion Curry, Senior Lecturer in Public Policy, Swansea University
- Professor Robert Evans, Director of Teaching and Learning, School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University
This event is free and open to all. You may find further details and book your place here.
Once registered, if you have a particular topic area that you would be keen for the session to cover, please feel free to make a request by email AEcardiffhub@cardiff.ac.uk