COORDINATION OF EVIDENCE REVIEW REPORT
The Hub is leading the coordination of a new evidence review, Making sense of science for policy under conditions of complexity and uncertainty. This initiative of the European Commission Group of Chief Scientific Advisors addresses policymakers using scientific advice. The Hub has been involved actively in all phases of the work.
In June, Professor Ole Petersen and Louise Edwards participated in a scoping workshop with topic experts, hosted at the European Commission in Brussels. The Hub then coordinated nominations and the selection of an expert working group, which met three times between September and December at the Berlin–Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Academia Europaea was represented at the meetings by Cardiff staff Professor Ole Petersen, Louise Edwards and Dr Esther Dorado-Ladera.
The final draft of the Evidence Review Report has been delivered to the SAPEA Board, with the final version due for publication in July 2019. The Group’s Scientific Opinion will be launched and handed over to the European Commission in September 2019.
- Science Policy Exchange Network launch, London, 30 May 2019
- Welsh Policy and Politics in Unprecedented Times conference, Swansea University, 24 May 2019
- Academy of Technical Sciences of Romania 11th International Symposium on Advanced Topics in Electrical Engineering, Bucharest, 28-30 March 2019
- EFSA/BfR International Conference on Uncertainty in Risk Analysis, Berlin, 20-22 February 2019
- On Think Tanks Annual Conference, Geneva, 7 February 2019
- Academia Europaea 30th anniversary event, London Royal Society, 24 September 2018